The NF PE Pipes mark is the best way to prove that the various applications comply with product standards. Additional requirements and performance criteria are monitored by the LNE, ensuring that users and network managers have a regular and consistent level of product quality, in particular with regard to resistance to pressure and variations in operating conditions, resistance to cracking in its environment and the ability to adapt to ground movements.
Presentation of the certification
The NF PE Pipes brand mark is intended for specifiers, principals, building distribution users such as GDF Suez, Lyonnaise des Eaux, RTE, PUM Plastiques, SADE, SEDIF...
It concerns material producers and extruder processors.
The materials are pre-approved. This ensures that the quality of the extrusion of the tubes is consistent.
The brand mark perimeter for PE pipes consists of different applications (Groups):
- Drinking water supply
- Industry and non-potable water, pressure sanitation
- Electrical containment
8 performances are rigorously controlled according to the different Groups:
- Characteristics of the raw material
- Dimensions (diameter, thickness, ovality)
- Tensile strength
- Resistance to slow crack propagation
- Resistance to hydraulic pressure
- Respect of the rules of the art of extrusion (shrinkage, dispersion of carbon black, thermal stability to oxidation)
- Organoleptic properties
- Health conformity certificate
Consult the certification rules that define the certification management framework, including scope, applicant's/holder's requirements, admission, monitoring and stakeholders. Obtaining certification is governed by Part 3 of the certification rules.